Daisy is doing very well with leading, we haven't had a "parking brake" issue or a "take off" issue for a good while now. A couple of months ago she slammed me into a wall in an effort to break free and eat grass, something she had been getting worse about. Walking along without a care in the world and then suddenly taking off to the front or side in an effort to break loose. Then it became body bumping me while taking off. Then she made the mistake of slamming me into a wall while doing it. I got a good nail puncture on my thigh, ripped pants and was scraped up but didn't let go of her. I decided that months of being diplomatic weren't working so out came Mr Stud Chain. After two weeks all issues seem to have been resolved and Daisy has been leading like a good, behaved donkey ever since! So nice considering I remember the times I fought and fought with her.
The farrier was out on Thursday and trimmed everyone and I have the pics I promised. First is the right front, the worst foot. This is the one that had the "blowout" and had all of the old frog taken off. If you look, there is a tiny little frog growing in there. Showing heel height and new hoof shape.
|Right front hoof shape|
All in all Donkey is doing very well and I am very pleased with her progress. I am very happy that I have a donkey that is easy to catch, easy to lead, easy to brush and can be handled easily. We are still working on accepting fly spray and have given up on hoof soaking for a while, maybe I will try trailer loading as the next project. That may be interesting.