I spent the whole damn month redoing our farm house which resulted in virtually no riding time.
I posted my first/only before/after post of my remodel and got the farm listed for sale. I rode during a showing to try to get in horse time and ended up with an offer within 48 hours of the farm being for sale. Even though it was for sale for 6 months the year prior. And I squeeze in a trip to see barns in PA before picking the one I am at now.
March was a little sad as I did serious packing and downsizing. The horses got all of their health stuff done for the season in prep for their move and we start to diagnose App being NQR and I practice solo trailer loading of both horses in prep for the Big Move.
April was the Big Move. The horses were moved with so little problems it was seamless and we found I could actually fit my entire barn in my 2 horse trailer. Then made the final trip to PA. I had my first rides in PA, though it took Mia a while for her brain to arrive from MI, and App is officially retired after an ultrasound and xray.
I determine Mia doesn't like her HSS baucher bit, her HSS loose ring, her eggbutt french link, or, or, or and I went back to her copper eggbutt. We had our first XC jump schooling in PA, our first lesson in PA AND our first show in PA.
We had our second lesson in PA which didn't go nearly as well as the first lesson and talked about boarding vs at-home care. And I still stand by it, I do not want to go back to at-home horses. I loved the ability to have them "right there", but the amount of work far exceeded the joy and pleasure I got out of having them home. Oh yeah, and I fell off again.
Mia's dressage starts to spiral out of the circle of good and into the circle of "this needs fixed" and I start using a pelham. I test out 4 saddles in the search to find a new jump saddle and have another XC schooling. Mia gets sick and I get an awesome stall plate from Olivia.
August wasn't great. We lost a third of the month from Mia being sick, missed a show and Mia's dressage continued to go downhill when I didn't ride in the pelham. We had our third lesson which went pretty good.
Mia started going better in her copper eggbutt and I stop using the pelham. We had our 2nd show which went really, really well despite not placing great. We had a CWD saddle rep come out before buying a used County Innovation and finding it didn't fit well, but felt amazing.
A total reflock was done on the new saddle and we go to our 3rd show in which Mia doesn't show up to play, resulting in our worst dressage score to date. I get my saddle back and get my 2pointober time up to a new personal record of 7:09 and aim to go higher before the end of the month.
I finish out October with another new personal high of 8:01 in two point!!!!!! Then Mia gets sick again and we lose an entire month with her being NQR with fat legs, random fevers and lethargy.
Mia has decided to show back up and play when we work on dressage, though I don't get too much riding in due to the cold and weather and finish out the year trying to fall off when I ride w/t bareback and declare a new thing, No Saddle January.
Here is to a better 2017 for me and for all!