Sorry for the abruptness of the last post, real life and all, you know. So I ended up with 2 showing requests within 12 hours and a third within 24 hours of the house being on the market. Wow! The #1 showing came at noon on Saturday and I took the horses for a trail ride during it. Mia was pretty good, not really able to walk a straight line again but not super spooky. I ponied App and he was a huge pain in the ass, despite having a rope halter on and riding on the road, he was charging forward the WHOLE TIME. Usually he is a boat anchor and I have to drag him along, this time, however, he was practically pulling out of the damn saddle in an attempt to go faster.
We did some trotting and a lot of walking, I knew better than to try to canter with App being ponied. He sees no reason why he can't try to bolt and just GO FAST. Damn old horse, I thought you were supposed to be half lame?? Overall the ride went quite well, Mia listened to my seat when I had to use two hands to control App, there were no freakouts and everyone seemed worked but not exhausted when we got back. I changed clothes and met a friend for lunch for the 2nd showing. Which they showed up an hour late for and showed up after I had come back and let all of the animals out SMH.
The feedback I got that night from showing #1 is that the buyers were interested. Woooo.... I like the sounds of that. The next morning showing #3 came around and they were here FOREVER. Well over their hour allotted time. I went shopping at TSC, went to the gas station, washed the truck, and drove around before they finally left.
A very short time later, my realtor shows up with a big smile. He had a signed purchase agreement, they loved the place well enough they made an offer. AND they offered $100 more than the asking price!! WOW! Just wow!!! JUST WOW!!!!
We, of course, accepted and later that night showing #1 requested a 2nd showing. OMG! I couldn't get find much attention last year, now I seem to have multiple buyers! I am curious if #3 made the above asking price offer because they didn't want us to wait for #1 to make the decision. I don't care, I will take it.
So I will be here in MI until the end of March and will be moving the horses the week of the 21st, tentatively of course. We will be closing in the first few days in April and then we will be official PA residents. Wow, just wow. I have called 6 barns to inquire about boarding and have excluded 2 already. One is SUPER expensive, over $700 a month per horse, the other said no one rides at night so I wouldn't ever have anyone to talk to. I will be visiting barns on the 21st so we will see how it goes. I am super excited about this and really hope nothing falls through. My world is about to get flipped upside down, hope you don't mind the ride!