Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Keeping with good times

I am cautiously going to say the arena treatment is a success, at least so far!  It has been 3 days since I put MgCl down and my arena is still dust free (yahoo!!!!!!).  We built our drag and I need a weight on it to help it dig in better but it did a fairly decent job by itself.  Tonight I will drag it with some cinder blocks on the drag and put down a couple more bags of MgCl and see how things look.  How awesome is it?  Pretty awesome

RB3 is proving to be a fantastic partner, she is so thrilled to ride she feels she is taking advantage of me and wants to clean my stalls lol.  I told her I am just thrilled she is coming and riding so often I think we are more than even.  I guess a good relationship is one where each person thinks they are getting more than they are giving.  RB3 came out Fri, Sun and Mon and is set to come out Wed with someone for me to give a lesson to.  So not only will my horse be ridden, I can make money at the same time.  If she continues to ride this much I think I am going to be back to my old self, both mentally and physically, in no time.

This weekend I will be out of town go see a concert and we will have the in-laws house sitting.  Not really happy b/c they aren't animal people and don't seem to have much common sense when it comes to animals but it is what it is.  I am going to leave the horses out overnight while I am gone and I went over/made them practice the feeding procedure twice while they were up for the 4th and they seemed to understand.  I hope to have made it duh-proof, tie each horse up, dump a premeasured, labeled bag of feed in the appropriate bucket for horse on label, un tie each horse, hang 2 hay bags, be done.  They have to do this twice, once at night and once in the morning.  Hopefully it goes smoothly.

Next weekend I have a horse friend from Ohio coming up to visit and am quite excited.  Are planning on going on a nice long trail ride with the boys and now that I have RB3 coming out they should be fit in time for it.  Yay!  Am so happy things are looking so well right now and hoping it sticks around.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed that the streak sticks around. :D

    ReplyDelete