Thursday, July 21, 2011

On the plus side

Like more than half of the country, we are experiencing a massive heat wave.  Today is the hottest this area has seen in 16 years.  Personally I've seen my outdoor thermometer go higher than it is right now but that's what they said.  The biggest downside is I do not have air conditioning where I live.  I know, right?  What kind of freak are we?  And all of the places we looked at to purchase didn't have air conditioning so it wasn't bad luck.  Normally I keep all of the windows open at night and let the cool night air in and then close the house up between 6-8a and it stays reasonable all day.  Last night, however, it got down to 81 degrees.  81!!!  How am I supposed to cool anything down with 81 degrees with 79% humidity?  Needless to say I didn't and the house has been basically unbearable for the first time since we've moved in.  It is currently 89.2 degrees with 71% humidity in my office with 2 fans going.  I think a window air conditioning unit will be purchased come the next payday for sure.

On the plus side, however, the TWH is sound and isn't showing any residual lameness from Tuesday night.  Very strange but I am glad it is gone.  He has had no bute today so I will check him tonight but am calling him riding sound.  Hopefully it will be cool enough at 8a on Saturday I can go riding with my friend from Ohio else it is going to make for a long day lol.

1 comment:

  1. Yep window unit is a must. That's all I use to cool my house (well four of them) because it's an older house and doesn't have central heat/air. I hope it cools down for you soon. That must be miserable.

    I'm glad TWH is better. Have fun riding Saturday!

    ReplyDelete