Monday, February 14, 2011

Introducing Daisy

So special thanks to my first follower achieve1dream, I have finally figured out how to post a picture.  As a result I will now introduce the newest of my cast of characters:
Meet our newest addition, Daisy the donkey.  Here is a picture of her the day we got her, notice the slipper feet.  Here she is today:
Now some pictures of her feet, before:.
After 2 trims:


This is a good picture of her hind foot, to show how much heel is still left after 2 trims.  The first simply took the slippers off and now we are working on reducing height then will work on angles.
She still has a sticky parking brake but is coming along very nicely for a donkey that hadn't been handled until Dec 22.  More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! She is so cute! Poor baby. I don't know why people let their donkey's feet get like that. There's just no excuse. :( I'm glad you're getting them fixed back up. I can't wait to do Zeppelin's. Thankfully our ground is dry and hard (well until the snow lol) so his are self trimming pretty decently. They are long, but definitely not slippers.

    I'll have to go back through your archives because I've already forgotten. Did you put her in a stall to get her used to being handled? I've considered stalling Zep for a little while, but I would really hate to leave him penned up. I don't want him to feel trapped.

    I'm glad I was able to help you with the pictures. I didn't know for sure if I was explaining it well enough. :) I'm happy to meet Daisy.

    ReplyDelete